ENiAC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ENiAC

Pioneer college of Arts and Science | BSc & BCA Student forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterGalleryLog in
Congratulations to University Rank Holders: B.C.A: K.Sathyavaishnavi-I RANK, S.Maheswari-V RANK | M.Sc: S.Samanthadevi-III RANK, T.Ambika-IV RANK, S.Sharmila-VI RANK | M.Com: K.Malathi- V RANK, F.Aseena-VIII RANK, R.Saravanakumar-X RANK.
Latest topics
» NANO TECHNOLOGY
Moblie Communication I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 8:26 pm by ARUNTHATHIMOHAN

» Kaspersky 35 years validity key... amazing hack..
Moblie Communication I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 9:06 am by sarathbabu

» Mobile telephony standards[0G,1G,2G,3G,4G,5G technology]
Moblie Communication I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 4:14 am by sarathbabu

» 3G Technology
Moblie Communication I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 4:09 am by sarathbabu

» Detail about IMEI number
Moblie Communication I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 4:03 am by sarathbabu

» SIM CARD[meaning]
Moblie Communication I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 3:59 am by sarathbabu

» smartphone
Moblie Communication I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 3:55 am by sarathbabu

» Blender [animation] must see.....
Moblie Communication I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 3:49 am by sarathbabu

» Blender [animation]
Moblie Communication I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 3:49 am by sarathbabu

» GPS System Technology
Moblie Communication I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 6:36 pm by venkatesh

» கண்களை நம்பாதீர்கள்
Moblie Communication I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 11:06 pm by Admin

» CSS – ஆரம்ப வழிகாட்டி தமிழில்.
Moblie Communication I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 10:52 pm by Admin

» Top 10 Latest Inventions
Moblie Communication I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 10:24 pm by venkatesh

» கணினியை பராமரிக்க எழிய வழிமுறைகள்
Moblie Communication I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 10:18 pm by venkatesh

» Easy To Pick The Wndows Xp Key
Moblie Communication I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 10:12 pm by venkatesh

Top posters
Admin
Moblie Communication I_vote_lcapMoblie Communication I_voting_barMoblie Communication I_vote_rcap 
sarathbabu
Moblie Communication I_vote_lcapMoblie Communication I_voting_barMoblie Communication I_vote_rcap 
Divya
kanimozhi
SUBASRI
venkatesh
samson
manickaraaj
Mathivanan
ARUNTHATHIMOHAN
Gallery
Moblie Communication Empty
Poll
Which Internet Browser do you prefer?
Internet Explorer(IE)
Moblie Communication I_vote_lcap8%Moblie Communication I_vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
Netscape
Moblie Communication I_vote_lcap0%Moblie Communication I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Opera
 8% [ 1 ]
mozilla firefox
Moblie Communication I_vote_lcap33%Moblie Communication I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 4 ]
google chrome
Moblie Communication I_vote_lcap17%Moblie Communication I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 2 ]
Epic Browser
Moblie Communication I_vote_lcap25%Moblie Communication I_vote_rcap
 25% [ 3 ]
Other
 8% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 12
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of ENiAC on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of ENiAC on your social bookmarking website
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Moblie Communication

Go down 
AuthorMessage
venkatesh

Reputation/vote (வாக்கு) : 0

Moblie Communication Empty
PostSubject: Moblie Communication   Moblie Communication I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 7:49 am

Below all three systems are defined in details with sub systems of each system.
The Switching System
The Switching system is very operative system in which many crucial operations are conducted, SS systems holds five databases with in it which performs different functions. If we talk about major tasks of SS system it performs call processing and subscriber related functions. These five databases from SS systems are HLR, MSC, VLR, AUC and EIR. Let’s study each database in detail and learn what functions this little systems performs.
HLR- Home Location Register:

HLR is database, which holds very important information of subscribers. It is mostly known for storing and managing information of subscribers. It contains subscriber service profile, status of activities, information about locations and permanent data of all sorts. When new connections are purchased, these subscribers are registered in HLR of mobile phone companies.
MSC- Mobile Services Switching Center:
MSC is also important part of SS, it handles technical end of telephony.It is build to perform switching functionality of the entire system. It’s most important task is to control the calls to and from other telephones, which means it controls calls from same networks and calls from other networks. Toll ticketing, common channel signaling, network interfacing etc are other tasks which MSC is responsible for.

VLR- Visitor Location Register:
VLR performs very dynamic tasks; it is database which stores temporary data regarding subscribers which is needed by Mobile Services Switching Center-MSC VLR is directly connected to MSC, when subscribe moves to different MSC location, Visitor location register – VLR integrates to MSC of current location and requests the data about subscriber or Mobile station ( MS ) from the Home Location Register –HLR. When subscriber makes a call the Visitor location register-VLR will have required information for making call already and it will not required to connect to Home Register Location - HRL again.
AUC- Authentication Center:

AUC is small unit which handles the security end of the system. Its major task is to authenticate and encrypt those parameters which verify user’s identification and hence enables the confidentiality of each call made by subscriber. Authentication center – AUC makes sure mobile operators are safe from different frauds most likely to happen when hackers are looking for even smallest loop wholes in systems.
EIR – Equipment Identity Register:
EIR is another important database which holds crucial information regarding mobile equipments. EIR helps in restricting for calls been stolen, mal functioning of any MS, or unauthorized access. AUC – Authentication center and EIR- Equipment Identity registers are either Stand-alone nodes or some times work together as combined AUC/EIR nodes for optimum performance.
The Base Station System (BSS)
The base station system have very important role in mobile communication. BSS are basically out door units which consist of iron rods and are usually of high length. BSS are responsible for connecting subscribers (MS) to mobile networks.All the communication is made in Radio transmission.The Base station System is further divided in two systems. These two systems, they are BSC, and BTS. Let’s study these two systems in detail.

BTS – The Base Transceiver Station:
Subscriber, MS (Mobile Station) or mobile phone connects to mobile network through BTS; it handles communication using radio transmission with mobile station. As name suggests, Base transceiver Station is the radio equipment which receive and transmit voice data at the same time. BSC control group of BTSs.
BSC – The Base Station Controller:
The Base Station normally controls many cells, it registers subscribers, responsible for MS handovers etc. It creates physical link between subscriber (MS) and BTS , then manage and controls functions of it. It performs the function of high quality switch by handover over the MS to next BSC when MS goes out of the current range of BTS, it helps in connecting to next in range BTS to keep the connection alive within the network. It also performs functions like cell configuration data, control radio frequency in BTS. Data moves to MSC-Mobile switching center after BSC done processing it. MSC is switching center which acts as bridge between different mobile networks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.venkatesh786.webs.com

Moblie Communication
Page 1 of 1