ENiAC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ENiAC

Pioneer college of Arts and Science | BSc & BCA Student forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterGalleryLog in
Congratulations to University Rank Holders: B.C.A: K.Sathyavaishnavi-I RANK, S.Maheswari-V RANK | M.Sc: S.Samanthadevi-III RANK, T.Ambika-IV RANK, S.Sharmila-VI RANK | M.Com: K.Malathi- V RANK, F.Aseena-VIII RANK, R.Saravanakumar-X RANK.
Latest topics
» NANO TECHNOLOGY
Information About Computer Hardwares I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 8:26 pm by ARUNTHATHIMOHAN

» Kaspersky 35 years validity key... amazing hack..
Information About Computer Hardwares I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 9:06 am by sarathbabu

» Mobile telephony standards[0G,1G,2G,3G,4G,5G technology]
Information About Computer Hardwares I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 4:14 am by sarathbabu

» 3G Technology
Information About Computer Hardwares I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 4:09 am by sarathbabu

» Detail about IMEI number
Information About Computer Hardwares I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 4:03 am by sarathbabu

» SIM CARD[meaning]
Information About Computer Hardwares I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 3:59 am by sarathbabu

» smartphone
Information About Computer Hardwares I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 3:55 am by sarathbabu

» Blender [animation] must see.....
Information About Computer Hardwares I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 3:49 am by sarathbabu

» Blender [animation]
Information About Computer Hardwares I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 3:49 am by sarathbabu

» GPS System Technology
Information About Computer Hardwares I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 6:36 pm by venkatesh

» கண்களை நம்பாதீர்கள்
Information About Computer Hardwares I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 11:06 pm by Admin

» CSS – ஆரம்ப வழிகாட்டி தமிழில்.
Information About Computer Hardwares I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 10:52 pm by Admin

» Top 10 Latest Inventions
Information About Computer Hardwares I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 10:24 pm by venkatesh

» கணினியை பராமரிக்க எழிய வழிமுறைகள்
Information About Computer Hardwares I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 10:18 pm by venkatesh

» Easy To Pick The Wndows Xp Key
Information About Computer Hardwares I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 10:12 pm by venkatesh

Top posters
Admin
Information About Computer Hardwares I_vote_lcapInformation About Computer Hardwares I_voting_barInformation About Computer Hardwares I_vote_rcap 
sarathbabu
Information About Computer Hardwares I_vote_lcapInformation About Computer Hardwares I_voting_barInformation About Computer Hardwares I_vote_rcap 
Divya
kanimozhi
SUBASRI
venkatesh
samson
manickaraaj
Mathivanan
ARUNTHATHIMOHAN
Gallery
Information About Computer Hardwares Empty
Poll
Which Internet Browser do you prefer?
Internet Explorer(IE)
Information About Computer Hardwares I_vote_lcap8%Information About Computer Hardwares I_vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
Netscape
Information About Computer Hardwares I_vote_lcap0%Information About Computer Hardwares I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Opera
Information About Computer Hardwares I_vote_lcap8%Information About Computer Hardwares I_vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
mozilla firefox
Information About Computer Hardwares I_vote_lcap33%Information About Computer Hardwares I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 4 ]
google chrome
Information About Computer Hardwares I_vote_lcap17%Information About Computer Hardwares I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 2 ]
Epic Browser
Information About Computer Hardwares I_vote_lcap25%Information About Computer Hardwares I_vote_rcap
 25% [ 3 ]
Other
 8% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 12
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of ENiAC on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of ENiAC on your social bookmarking website
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Information About Computer Hardwares

Go down 
AuthorMessage
venkatesh

Reputation/vote (வாக்கு) : 0

Information About Computer Hardwares Empty
PostSubject: Information About Computer Hardwares   Information About Computer Hardwares I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 8:35 am

History of Computer Hardware

Computer was referred to as the machine which can carry the task of computation form the end of the 19th century. However now it is not just a calculation machine, it has diversified applications and it has even revolutionized the industry. If we make a deep analysis regarding the history of the computer we have to go back in 16th century. However the true progress in this field started in early nineteenth century.

Early Digital Computers

If we briefly analyze the history of computers we can see innumerable changes in the hardware overtime. Zues wasintroduced in Germany in 1941; it uses binary coding for its operation. It involves the lector mechanical computing mechanism. Then after one year in 1942 Attansoff Berry computer came to surface with electric binary computing mechanism. Its origin was USA. Colluses Mark 1was a UK based technology and it emerged in 1944. It was also based on binary numeral principle. In the same year in Harvard, Harvard Mark 1 IBM ASCC was introduced. ENIAC was introduced in 1946; it had its origin from UK. The modified version of ENIAC was introduced in 1948.as in 1949 EDSAC, Manchester Mark and CSIRAC came forward. The early computers and the associated hardware were really expensive and heavy. For example first portable computer weighed about 25kg.

Development in Additional Hardware

Today computer is far more than a calculation device. It can serve many other purposes like networking and web browsing, advance computing requirements. The other important hardware devices like printers, web cam, audio systems and web servers are also part and parcel of today’s PC. Hence their history is also very important. Let’s analyze when the first laser printer came to surface. The first laser printer was conceived by Gary Starkweather in 1969.however id did not become popular unless IBM introduced their branded laser printer known as IBM 3800 in 1976. It was as large as a room. The first web server was introduced in 1991, which was used by Tim Berners while discovering World Wide Web at CERN. This web server was a next workstation which helped in putting out first web page online. If we go through the history of the hardware, 70% contribution in this field can be contributed to the IBM. Another important invention of this company was floppy Disks. Floppy disks were invented in 1970 and they were used till 1990’s however today there use is history. These remarkable inventions changed our lives now the world has become a global village due to the spread of networking technologies. However the foundation for these technologies came from early development in hardware.

Features of Hardware

Hardware has many components which are important to the working of the computer like software hardware devices. The basic hardware of the computer is mother board, RAM and CPU. However there are many different devices which are supporting the functioning of computer like mouse, data ports, monitor and removable storage devices. The supporting hardware devices are divided into sub groups further like web cam, joystick, sound card and track ball etc. hardware is something which you can touch and feel and which can not communicate with you. Hardware is breakable or can be destroyed by external forces like shattered, hitting and electricity voltages.

Main Types of Computer Hardware

Computer hardware is divided into many different parts. The most important types of computer hardware are mother board, central processing unit, random access memory, basic input output system, power supply, video display controller, computer bus and hard disk. An alternate name to main board or system board, mother board is a central circuit, which is a complicated electronic board kept into computer for working as an electronic machine. The next most important type of computer hardware is CPU. Central processing unit seeks the software commands and interprets and process data. Random access memory is the key component which allows the data to be reached in any form. Next is the basic input output system, which loads and runs the software. Power supply takes electric current to the output load. Video display controller helps in the logical conversion of the visual data in order to run a signal to be used by display medium. Computer bus is used to transfer the data within the computer or with other computers. Hard disk is the stable that stores data and information on a magnetic surface, placed on hard disk platters.
Some other Supporting Hardware

Some other types of hardware include CD ROM drive, Floppy disk and Zip drive. The hardware such as Floppy drive is no more in use. Floppy drive is a data storage device which was used to run a floppy. This mode of data transfer was slow and prone to viruses. The data in the floppy gets contaminated even after two to three times. However it was an inexpensive way of carrying data. CD ROM drives stands for compact disk read only memory. It is used to store data and softwares. This important medium is the million dollar business for software producers. CD is run on the CD ROM.CD can carry data and softwares to the ultimate users. The various applications which this device can carry are games, multimedia information, songs and movies. Zip drive is medium capacity storage device which is removable. It was introduced by Iomega in 1994. Mouse is another very important hardware device. It has two buttons, known as left and right mouse key. It has a central wheel which is used to move page high and low. The mouse is supported with a mouse pointer which helps in surfing through the display pages. Beside this computer hardware devices there are many more like Key Board, speakers, microphone and monitor.

HARDWARE PARTS
[flash][/flash]

Central Processing Unit and Its Design

Central Processing Unit ( CPU )

The CPU or central processing unit is aimed to perform mathematical calculations faster that the humans beings. However this is complex machine and performs many individual functions. This machine is designed to achieve many goals and purposes. CPU is basically divided into three main parts control unit, arithmetic logic unit and registers.
Let us analyze briefly about the functioning of this machine.

Basic Goals

The main objective of the CPU is to perform mathematical calculations on binary numbers; still there are other goals of using CPU as well. It can provide high throughput for multiple programs. It is aimed to consume less power with better performance. It provides viable connectivity to develop more advance and parallel systems. The cost is less and the performance is more. It can be redesigned and converted to small size, in order to increase the performance of the system, lower the cost and increase the speed of the system. It can provide very good compatibility with very large scale integrated circuits. Which helps in compressing the transistors on one chip and hence the speed of system is enhanced. This is because tiny transistors switch in a fast and swift manner. The early designs of CPU were based on clock rate however today microelectrical designs are more popular.

Key CPU Gears

CPU is the central working unit for any computer however it is designed to perform various functions. The main focus of the CPU is on the areas such as control units which further manages the data paths, it also monitors cache and registers, it helps in managing clock distribution management, performs Pad transceiver circuitry and the supervision of logic gate cell library the popularly used logic styles include microprogramming, finite state machines and programmable logic array. The CPU can be customized or cannot be. The CPU which is designed for commercial purposes is build to achieve high frequency with low power indulgence and high speed.

Main Design of CPU

CPU is a complex design which is comprised of many hardware components like motherboard and circuits. This machine works by receiving set of instructions, logic gates are used to execute and follow the set of instructions. This set of instructions is commonly known as a program. The representation of numbers in a processor is based on the design of the CPU. The early design of the CPU allowed only numeral and decimal system to represent the numbers. However the design of the modern CPUs allows them to present numbers in binary form. The performance of the CPU is dependent upon the clock rate. The working and design of the most CPUs is based on the synchronization of the signal. This signal is usually known as clock signal helps in determining the movement of the electrical signal to the circuits of the CPU. The designers use it to determine the correct period of the clock signals. Besides the logical working the structure of the CPU has control unit, logical unit and registers. There are number of registers in a CPU like program counter, instruction register, accumulator and process status register. The control unit is helpful in managing instructions and flow of data within the parts of the computer. It also helps in regulating the time of the processing. The design and working of the arithmetic logic unit is complicated. It is ALU which helps the CPU to perform calculations and take logical decisions. The registers have their own assigned duties to perform like the accumulator stores ultimate and midway results of the calculation. His magic machine is small in size, complex in design but is really powerful and swift.
Back to top Go down
http://www.venkatesh786.webs.com

Information About Computer Hardwares
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ENiAC :: BLOG-
Jump to: