ENiAC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ENiAC

Pioneer college of Arts and Science | BSc & BCA Student forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterGalleryLog in
Congratulations to University Rank Holders: B.C.A: K.Sathyavaishnavi-I RANK, S.Maheswari-V RANK | M.Sc: S.Samanthadevi-III RANK, T.Ambika-IV RANK, S.Sharmila-VI RANK | M.Com: K.Malathi- V RANK, F.Aseena-VIII RANK, R.Saravanakumar-X RANK.
Latest topics
» NANO TECHNOLOGY
How Graphics Card Works I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 8:26 pm by ARUNTHATHIMOHAN

» Kaspersky 35 years validity key... amazing hack..
How Graphics Card Works I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 9:06 am by sarathbabu

» Mobile telephony standards[0G,1G,2G,3G,4G,5G technology]
How Graphics Card Works I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 4:14 am by sarathbabu

» 3G Technology
How Graphics Card Works I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 4:09 am by sarathbabu

» Detail about IMEI number
How Graphics Card Works I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 4:03 am by sarathbabu

» SIM CARD[meaning]
How Graphics Card Works I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 3:59 am by sarathbabu

» smartphone
How Graphics Card Works I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 3:55 am by sarathbabu

» Blender [animation] must see.....
How Graphics Card Works I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 3:49 am by sarathbabu

» Blender [animation]
How Graphics Card Works I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 3:49 am by sarathbabu

» GPS System Technology
How Graphics Card Works I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 6:36 pm by venkatesh

» கண்களை நம்பாதீர்கள்
How Graphics Card Works I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 11:06 pm by Admin

» CSS – ஆரம்ப வழிகாட்டி தமிழில்.
How Graphics Card Works I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 10:52 pm by Admin

» Top 10 Latest Inventions
How Graphics Card Works I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 10:24 pm by venkatesh

» கணினியை பராமரிக்க எழிய வழிமுறைகள்
How Graphics Card Works I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 10:18 pm by venkatesh

» Easy To Pick The Wndows Xp Key
How Graphics Card Works I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 10:12 pm by venkatesh

Top posters
Admin
How Graphics Card Works I_vote_lcapHow Graphics Card Works I_voting_barHow Graphics Card Works I_vote_rcap 
sarathbabu
How Graphics Card Works I_vote_lcapHow Graphics Card Works I_voting_barHow Graphics Card Works I_vote_rcap 
Divya
kanimozhi
SUBASRI
venkatesh
samson
manickaraaj
Mathivanan
ARUNTHATHIMOHAN
Gallery
How Graphics Card Works Empty
Poll
Which Internet Browser do you prefer?
Internet Explorer(IE)
How Graphics Card Works I_vote_lcap8%How Graphics Card Works I_vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
Netscape
How Graphics Card Works I_vote_lcap0%How Graphics Card Works I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Opera
 8% [ 1 ]
mozilla firefox
How Graphics Card Works I_vote_lcap33%How Graphics Card Works I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 4 ]
google chrome
How Graphics Card Works I_vote_lcap17%How Graphics Card Works I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 2 ]
Epic Browser
How Graphics Card Works I_vote_lcap25%How Graphics Card Works I_vote_rcap
 25% [ 3 ]
Other
 8% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 12
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of ENiAC on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of ENiAC on your social bookmarking website
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

How Graphics Card Works

Go down 
AuthorMessage
venkatesh

Reputation/vote (வாக்கு) : 0

How Graphics Card Works Empty
PostSubject: How Graphics Card Works   How Graphics Card Works I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 8:43 am

How Graphic cards Works?

Graphic card helps in generating images for the display. Graphic card is known by many names like video card, video adapter, display adapter and graphics accelerator. These video cards offer many additional functions like 3D and 2D video captures. The modern form of a graphic card is printed circuit board.

Some Important Components of Graphic Cards

The printed circuit board has many components like graphic processing units, video BIOS, video memory and RAMDAC. Graphic processing unit is used to optimize. This unit is capable of performing floating point computations which are essential for the 3D graphic display. The primary feature of GPU is its clock frequency which is usually between 250 MHz to 4 GHz. Another essential characteristic is vertical shaders, which helps to translate 3D image into 2D image. This 2D image is formed due to the presence of pixels. Video BIOS is a program which helps in providing instructions to the PC and software so that they can communicate with the graphic card. This BIOS card contains many different kinds of information like speed, timing of the memory, voltage of the graphic and RAM. Next is the video memory. The memory capacity of different cards is different. However, generally speaking if we see the modern memory range is 128 MB to 4GB. Next component is RAMDAC random access memory digital to analog converter.
Working of the Graphic Card

The image which is displayed on your monitor is made up of petite dots which are referred to as pixel. The screen can display million of pixels; the PC in turn has to make a decision about how to deal with them. For this purpose it requires a translator. The translator would convert the binary data coming from the central processing unit into a picture. If the computers have built in graphic card this translation would occur in it. The job of the graphic card is really complicated. In order to make a 3D image the graphic card generates a wire frame out of straight line. Then it fills in the remaining image, add in it color, texture and light. For very fast velocity games a PC has to repeat this almost sixty times a second. This task is competed using our main parts of a PC, processor, mother board, memory and monitor.
Tips on Buying Graphic Card

When you want to buy a graphic card for your PC, it is important to bear in mind few things. Some important points to consider are buying a graphic card which shows the best motion a monitor can hold up. The LCD technology requires native resolution however this is not the case with cathode ray tube. For this reason make sure that the graphic card you buy is capable of supporting high resolution. The second important consideration is on board memory requirement. The graphic card has to work much harder to take images to the screen. The data contained in graphic files is much more than that contained in text files. Therefore the amount of work and time needed by the graphic cards is much higher. A high speed graphic card has its own memory so that it may not need to depend on random access memory. Some graphic cards which are not really efficient have very low memory. For this reason buy a memory card which has a quality on board memory. However it cannot be concluded from here that the memory card that shares memory can not perform well. However this depends on the PC and the amount of RAM it has. The system which has additional RAM is more compatible to be used with this kind of graphic card.
Back to top Go down
http://www.venkatesh786.webs.com

How Graphics Card Works
Page 1 of 1