ENiAC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ENiAC

Pioneer college of Arts and Science | BSc & BCA Student forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterGalleryLog in
Congratulations to University Rank Holders: B.C.A: K.Sathyavaishnavi-I RANK, S.Maheswari-V RANK | M.Sc: S.Samanthadevi-III RANK, T.Ambika-IV RANK, S.Sharmila-VI RANK | M.Com: K.Malathi- V RANK, F.Aseena-VIII RANK, R.Saravanakumar-X RANK.
Latest topics
» NANO TECHNOLOGY
Functions of Mother Board I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 8:26 pm by ARUNTHATHIMOHAN

» Kaspersky 35 years validity key... amazing hack..
Functions of Mother Board I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 9:06 am by sarathbabu

» Mobile telephony standards[0G,1G,2G,3G,4G,5G technology]
Functions of Mother Board I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 4:14 am by sarathbabu

» 3G Technology
Functions of Mother Board I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 4:09 am by sarathbabu

» Detail about IMEI number
Functions of Mother Board I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 4:03 am by sarathbabu

» SIM CARD[meaning]
Functions of Mother Board I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 3:59 am by sarathbabu

» smartphone
Functions of Mother Board I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 3:55 am by sarathbabu

» Blender [animation] must see.....
Functions of Mother Board I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 3:49 am by sarathbabu

» Blender [animation]
Functions of Mother Board I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 3:49 am by sarathbabu

» GPS System Technology
Functions of Mother Board I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 6:36 pm by venkatesh

» கண்களை நம்பாதீர்கள்
Functions of Mother Board I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 11:06 pm by Admin

» CSS – ஆரம்ப வழிகாட்டி தமிழில்.
Functions of Mother Board I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 10:52 pm by Admin

» Top 10 Latest Inventions
Functions of Mother Board I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 10:24 pm by venkatesh

» கணினியை பராமரிக்க எழிய வழிமுறைகள்
Functions of Mother Board I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 10:18 pm by venkatesh

» Easy To Pick The Wndows Xp Key
Functions of Mother Board I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 10:12 pm by venkatesh

Top posters
Admin
Functions of Mother Board I_vote_lcapFunctions of Mother Board I_voting_barFunctions of Mother Board I_vote_rcap 
sarathbabu
Functions of Mother Board I_vote_lcapFunctions of Mother Board I_voting_barFunctions of Mother Board I_vote_rcap 
Divya
kanimozhi
SUBASRI
venkatesh
samson
manickaraaj
Mathivanan
ARUNTHATHIMOHAN
Gallery
Functions of Mother Board Empty
Poll
Which Internet Browser do you prefer?
Internet Explorer(IE)
Functions of Mother Board I_vote_lcap8%Functions of Mother Board I_vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
Netscape
Functions of Mother Board I_vote_lcap0%Functions of Mother Board I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Opera
 8% [ 1 ]
mozilla firefox
Functions of Mother Board I_vote_lcap33%Functions of Mother Board I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 4 ]
google chrome
Functions of Mother Board I_vote_lcap17%Functions of Mother Board I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 2 ]
Epic Browser
Functions of Mother Board I_vote_lcap25%Functions of Mother Board I_vote_rcap
 25% [ 3 ]
Other
 8% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 12
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of ENiAC on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of ENiAC on your social bookmarking website
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Functions of Mother Board

Go down 
AuthorMessage
venkatesh

Reputation/vote (வாக்கு) : 0

Functions of Mother Board Empty
PostSubject: Functions of Mother Board   Functions of Mother Board I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 9:00 am

Mother Board and its Functions

Mother board is a complex device which is part an important part of some electronic devices like television and computers. It is a complex chip also known as logic board or main board. It is like a fundamental circuit board present in the computer. It provides the connection to all other plugs and circuits in order to operate. The main job of the mother board is to pass on information between buses, registers and other peripherals. Considering its vital role it is important to have a stable and steadfast logic board.

Components of a Motherboard

Most commonly mother boards are of two types AT and ATX main board. At motherboards are now completely eradicated from the use. The ATX main board is 12 inches in width and almost 9 inches deep. ATX is relatively more reliable and it has 6 -pin connector. ATX mother board has many components attached to it which are important for its functioning. The key components of the logic board are either at connector side or embedded inside the board. The components present ate the connector side are mouse connector, keyboard connector, USB ports, serial ports, VGA ports, power supply plug and Parallel ports. The other components include CPU chip, RAM slots, PCI slot, ISA slot, AGP, CPU slot and floppy controller. The peripheral devices which are residing on the mother board are either directly fixed on it or are entrenched using sockets.

Main Functions of the Logic Board

BIOS or basic input output and Boot memory also resides on the motherboard. BIO is a kind of software which works when we turn on the computer. BIO is also called a lower level program because it is installed in the hardware. The job of the BIOS is to act as a communication channel between motherboard and softwares. Mother Board plays a vital role in running the operations and programs on your PC. It is this printed circuit which contains chips and many expansion cards to facilitate your working. It does not matter which ever component you attach to your motherboard, the basic functioning of that device is dependent upon on the main board. Mother board also contains a chip set. This chip set is really essential as it monitors the data flow in your personal computer. It guides the movement and flow of data through the buses. Motherboard chipset guides the data towards the correct paths and ultimately correct destinations. This chipset also scrutinizes the processors direct access to the main memory. Therefore it is mother board where you plug in your video cards, memory, cache and cards.

Other features and Functions of Main Board

Motherboards are not produced in only one shape and size. The shape and the size of the mother board is adjusted depending on the need of the manufacturers. The size of the previous motherboards like AT were really large however now the size of modern main boards are prone to many changes. The mother boards cannot be discarded form the electronic devices because of their size. Today they have been modified into smaller units in order to become parts of smaller digital devices like laptops. This makes laptop computers really difficult to repair and upgrade sometimes. Only the manufacturer can help repair it again. This is because the design of the miniature main board is really complex. The presence of micro dies on the motherboard also makes it an expensive embellishment. This is the reason why small digital appliances are costly. Mother boards cannot alone load the memory and run the system for this purpose they need non volatile memory. Mother boards use BIOS in order to boot
Back to top Go down
http://www.venkatesh786.webs.com

Functions of Mother Board
Page 1 of 1