ENiAC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ENiAC

Pioneer college of Arts and Science | BSc & BCA Student forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterGalleryLog in
Congratulations to University Rank Holders: B.C.A: K.Sathyavaishnavi-I RANK, S.Maheswari-V RANK | M.Sc: S.Samanthadevi-III RANK, T.Ambika-IV RANK, S.Sharmila-VI RANK | M.Com: K.Malathi- V RANK, F.Aseena-VIII RANK, R.Saravanakumar-X RANK.
Latest topics
» NANO TECHNOLOGY
Types of Computers I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 8:26 pm by ARUNTHATHIMOHAN

» Kaspersky 35 years validity key... amazing hack..
Types of Computers I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 9:06 am by sarathbabu

» Mobile telephony standards[0G,1G,2G,3G,4G,5G technology]
Types of Computers I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 4:14 am by sarathbabu

» 3G Technology
Types of Computers I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 4:09 am by sarathbabu

» Detail about IMEI number
Types of Computers I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 4:03 am by sarathbabu

» SIM CARD[meaning]
Types of Computers I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 3:59 am by sarathbabu

» smartphone
Types of Computers I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 3:55 am by sarathbabu

» Blender [animation] must see.....
Types of Computers I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 3:49 am by sarathbabu

» Blender [animation]
Types of Computers I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 3:49 am by sarathbabu

» GPS System Technology
Types of Computers I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 6:36 pm by venkatesh

» கண்களை நம்பாதீர்கள்
Types of Computers I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 11:06 pm by Admin

» CSS – ஆரம்ப வழிகாட்டி தமிழில்.
Types of Computers I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 10:52 pm by Admin

» Top 10 Latest Inventions
Types of Computers I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 10:24 pm by venkatesh

» கணினியை பராமரிக்க எழிய வழிமுறைகள்
Types of Computers I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 10:18 pm by venkatesh

» Easy To Pick The Wndows Xp Key
Types of Computers I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 10:12 pm by venkatesh

Top posters
Admin
Types of Computers I_vote_lcapTypes of Computers I_voting_barTypes of Computers I_vote_rcap 
sarathbabu
Types of Computers I_vote_lcapTypes of Computers I_voting_barTypes of Computers I_vote_rcap 
Divya
kanimozhi
SUBASRI
venkatesh
samson
manickaraaj
Mathivanan
ARUNTHATHIMOHAN
Gallery
Types of Computers Empty
Poll
Which Internet Browser do you prefer?
Internet Explorer(IE)
Types of Computers I_vote_lcap8%Types of Computers I_vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
Netscape
Types of Computers I_vote_lcap0%Types of Computers I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Opera
 8% [ 1 ]
mozilla firefox
Types of Computers I_vote_lcap33%Types of Computers I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 4 ]
google chrome
Types of Computers I_vote_lcap17%Types of Computers I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 2 ]
Epic Browser
Types of Computers I_vote_lcap25%Types of Computers I_vote_rcap
 25% [ 3 ]
Other
 8% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 12
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of ENiAC on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of ENiAC on your social bookmarking website
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Types of Computers

Go down 
AuthorMessage
samson

Reputation/vote (வாக்கு) : 1

Types of Computers Empty
PostSubject: Types of Computers   Types of Computers I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 7:00 am

The types of computers range from the Hybrid to the Analog types. The computers you come across in the daily course of your day range from laptops, palmtops and towers, to desktop computers, to name a few. But the very word “computers” reminds one of the desktop computers used in offices or homes. Different categories of computes have been devised in keeping with our varied needs.

The Types Of Computers: ANALOG and HYBRID (classification based on operational principle)

Analog Computers:
The analog computer is almost an extinct type of computer these days. It is different from a digital computer in respect that it can perform numerous mathematical operations simultaneously. It is also unique in terms of operation as it utilizes continuous variables for the purpose of mathematical computation. It utilizes mechanical, hydraulic, or electrical energy or operation.

Hybrid computers:
These types of computers are, as the name suggests, a combination of both Analog and Digital computers. The Digital computers which work on the principle of binary digit system of “0” and “1” can give very precise results. But the problem is that they are too slow and incapable of large scale mathematical operation. In the hybrid types of computers the Digital counterparts convert the analog signals to perform Robotics and Process control.

Apart from this, computers are also categorized on the basis of physical structures and the purpose of their use. Based on Capacity, speed and reliability they can be divided into three categories of computers:

1. The Mainframe Computer – These are computers used by large organizations like meteorological surveys and statistical institutes for performing bulk mathematical computations. They are core computers which are used for desktop functions of over one hundred people simultaneously.

2. The Microcomputer – These are the most frequently used computers better known by the name of “Personal computers”. This is the type of computer meant for public use. Other than Desktop Computer the choice ranges as follows:

Personal Digital Computer
Tablet PC
Towers
Work Stations
Laptops
Hand Held Computer
. The Mini computer – Mini computers like the mainframe computers are used by business organization. The difference being that it can support the simultaneous working of up to 100 users and is usually maintained in business organizations for the maintenance of accounts and finances.

Yet another category of computer is the Super Computers. It is somewhat similar to mainframe computers and is used in economic forecasts and engineering designs. Today life without computers is inconceivable. Usage of different types of computers has made life both smooth and fast paced.

Back to top Go down

Types of Computers
Page 1 of 1