ENiAC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ENiAC

Pioneer college of Arts and Science | BSc & BCA Student forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterGalleryLog in
Congratulations to University Rank Holders: B.C.A: K.Sathyavaishnavi-I RANK, S.Maheswari-V RANK | M.Sc: S.Samanthadevi-III RANK, T.Ambika-IV RANK, S.Sharmila-VI RANK | M.Com: K.Malathi- V RANK, F.Aseena-VIII RANK, R.Saravanakumar-X RANK.
Latest topics
» NANO TECHNOLOGY
NANO TECHNOLOGY I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 8:26 pm by ARUNTHATHIMOHAN

» Kaspersky 35 years validity key... amazing hack..
NANO TECHNOLOGY I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 9:06 am by sarathbabu

» Mobile telephony standards[0G,1G,2G,3G,4G,5G technology]
NANO TECHNOLOGY I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 4:14 am by sarathbabu

» 3G Technology
NANO TECHNOLOGY I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 4:09 am by sarathbabu

» Detail about IMEI number
NANO TECHNOLOGY I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 4:03 am by sarathbabu

» SIM CARD[meaning]
NANO TECHNOLOGY I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 3:59 am by sarathbabu

» smartphone
NANO TECHNOLOGY I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 3:55 am by sarathbabu

» Blender [animation] must see.....
NANO TECHNOLOGY I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 3:49 am by sarathbabu

» Blender [animation]
NANO TECHNOLOGY I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 3:49 am by sarathbabu

» GPS System Technology
NANO TECHNOLOGY I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 6:36 pm by venkatesh

» கண்களை நம்பாதீர்கள்
NANO TECHNOLOGY I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 11:06 pm by Admin

» CSS – ஆரம்ப வழிகாட்டி தமிழில்.
NANO TECHNOLOGY I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 10:52 pm by Admin

» Top 10 Latest Inventions
NANO TECHNOLOGY I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 10:24 pm by venkatesh

» கணினியை பராமரிக்க எழிய வழிமுறைகள்
NANO TECHNOLOGY I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 10:18 pm by venkatesh

» Easy To Pick The Wndows Xp Key
NANO TECHNOLOGY I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 10:12 pm by venkatesh

Top posters
Admin
NANO TECHNOLOGY I_vote_lcapNANO TECHNOLOGY I_voting_barNANO TECHNOLOGY I_vote_rcap 
sarathbabu
NANO TECHNOLOGY I_vote_lcapNANO TECHNOLOGY I_voting_barNANO TECHNOLOGY I_vote_rcap 
Divya
kanimozhi
SUBASRI
venkatesh
samson
manickaraaj
Mathivanan
ARUNTHATHIMOHAN
Gallery
NANO TECHNOLOGY Empty
Poll
Which Internet Browser do you prefer?
Internet Explorer(IE)
NANO TECHNOLOGY I_vote_lcap8%NANO TECHNOLOGY I_vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
Netscape
NANO TECHNOLOGY I_vote_lcap0%NANO TECHNOLOGY I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Opera
 8% [ 1 ]
mozilla firefox
NANO TECHNOLOGY I_vote_lcap33%NANO TECHNOLOGY I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 4 ]
google chrome
NANO TECHNOLOGY I_vote_lcap17%NANO TECHNOLOGY I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 2 ]
Epic Browser
NANO TECHNOLOGY I_vote_lcap25%NANO TECHNOLOGY I_vote_rcap
 25% [ 3 ]
Other
 8% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 12
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of ENiAC on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of ENiAC on your social bookmarking website
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

NANO TECHNOLOGY

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ARUNTHATHIMOHAN

ARUNTHATHIMOHAN

Reputation/vote (வாக்கு) : 1

NANO TECHNOLOGY Empty
PostSubject: NANO TECHNOLOGY   NANO TECHNOLOGY I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 8:26 pm

NANOTECHNOLOGY

A basic definition:
Nanotechnology is the engineering of functional systems at the molecular scale. This covers both current work and concepts that are more advanced.

In its original sense, 'nanotechnology' refers to the projected ability to construct items from the bottom up, using techniques and tools being developed today to make complete, high performance products.

Why Make Nanotechnology?

One might ask, 'what exactly are the potential uses of nanotechnology?' In the limited number of years that nanotechnology has been considered possible, a plethora of answers to this question have been presented. Possible answers include quantum computers, long term life preservation and virtually everything in between. It seems that nanotechnology could potentially solve just about any problem that we could think of; thus, a more interesting question is, 'what real problems will nanotechnology solve first?' As of now, it appears that the first revolutionary applications of nanotechnology will be in computer science and medicine. These two fields will most likely be affected first since they both call for molecular scale manipulation of matter in the near future.

APPLICATIONS:
Nanorobotics is the technology of creating machines or robots at or close to the microscopic scale of a nanometer (10−9 meters). More specifically, nanorobotics refers to the still largely hypothetical nanotechnology engineering discipline of designing and building nanorobots, devices ranging in size from 0.1-10 micrometers and constructed of nanoscale or molecular components. As of 2010[update] nobody has yet built artificial non-biological nanorobots: they remain a hypothetical concept[citation needed]. The names nanobots, nanoids, nanites, nanomachines or nanomites have also been used to describe these hypothetical devices.

Nanolithography is the branch of nanotechnology concerned with the study and application of fabricating nanometer-scale structures, meaning patterns with at least one lateral dimension between the size of an individual atom and approximately 100 nm. Nanolithography is used during the fabrication of leading-edge semiconductor integrated circuits (nanocircuitry) or nanoelectromechanical systems (NEMS).

As of 2007, nanolithography is a very active area of research in academia and in industry.

Nanotoxicology is the study of the toxicity of nanomaterials. Because of quantum size effects and large surface area to volume ratio, nanomaterials have unique properties compared with their larger counterparts.

Nanotoxicology is a branch of bionanoscience which deals with the study and application of toxicity of nanomaterials.[1] Nanomaterials, even when made of inert elements like gold, become highly active at nanometer dimensions.

Nanosensors are any biological, chemical, or sugery sensory points used to convey information about nanoparticles to the macroscopic world. Their use mainly include various medicinal purposes and as gateways to building other nanoproducts, such as computer chips that work at the nanoscale and nanorobots. Presently, there are several ways proposed to make nanosensors, including top-down lithography, bottom-up assembly, and molecular self-assembly[1].
A nanoshell is a type of spherical nanoparticle consisting of a dielectric core which is covered by a thin metallic shell (usually gold).[1] These nanoshells involve a quasiparticle called plasmon which is a collective excitation or quantum plasma oscillation where the electrons simultaneously oscillate with respect to all the ions.

[img][/img][img][/img]NANO TECHNOLOGY WhatisNANO TECHNOLOGY Images%3Fq%3Dnanotechnology%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DX%26biw%3D1024%26bih%3D646%26tbs%3Disch:10%2C1327&um=1&itbs=1&iact=rc&dur=463&ei=7EoATeCbAY2G4gajz5H0Ag&oei=50kATYi1K8vxrQfCm9yTDw&esq=9&page=3&ndsp=13&ved=1t:429,r:10,s:24&tx=97&ty=76&biw=1024&bih=646
Back to top Go down

NANO TECHNOLOGY
Page 1 of 1