ENiAC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ENiAC

Pioneer college of Arts and Science | BSc & BCA Student forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterGalleryLog in
Congratulations to University Rank Holders: B.C.A: K.Sathyavaishnavi-I RANK, S.Maheswari-V RANK | M.Sc: S.Samanthadevi-III RANK, T.Ambika-IV RANK, S.Sharmila-VI RANK | M.Com: K.Malathi- V RANK, F.Aseena-VIII RANK, R.Saravanakumar-X RANK.
Latest topics
» NANO TECHNOLOGY
WiFi Networks I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 8:26 pm by ARUNTHATHIMOHAN

» Kaspersky 35 years validity key... amazing hack..
WiFi Networks I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 9:06 am by sarathbabu

» Mobile telephony standards[0G,1G,2G,3G,4G,5G technology]
WiFi Networks I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 4:14 am by sarathbabu

» 3G Technology
WiFi Networks I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 4:09 am by sarathbabu

» Detail about IMEI number
WiFi Networks I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 4:03 am by sarathbabu

» SIM CARD[meaning]
WiFi Networks I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 3:59 am by sarathbabu

» smartphone
WiFi Networks I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 3:55 am by sarathbabu

» Blender [animation] must see.....
WiFi Networks I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 3:49 am by sarathbabu

» Blender [animation]
WiFi Networks I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 3:49 am by sarathbabu

» GPS System Technology
WiFi Networks I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 6:36 pm by venkatesh

» கண்களை நம்பாதீர்கள்
WiFi Networks I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 11:06 pm by Admin

» CSS – ஆரம்ப வழிகாட்டி தமிழில்.
WiFi Networks I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 10:52 pm by Admin

» Top 10 Latest Inventions
WiFi Networks I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 10:24 pm by venkatesh

» கணினியை பராமரிக்க எழிய வழிமுறைகள்
WiFi Networks I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 10:18 pm by venkatesh

» Easy To Pick The Wndows Xp Key
WiFi Networks I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 10:12 pm by venkatesh

Top posters
Admin
WiFi Networks I_vote_lcapWiFi Networks I_voting_barWiFi Networks I_vote_rcap 
sarathbabu
Divya
kanimozhi
SUBASRI
venkatesh
samson
manickaraaj
Mathivanan
ARUNTHATHIMOHAN
Gallery
WiFi Networks Empty
Poll
Which Internet Browser do you prefer?
Internet Explorer(IE)
WiFi Networks I_vote_lcap8%WiFi Networks I_vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
Netscape
WiFi Networks I_vote_lcap0%WiFi Networks I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Opera
 8% [ 1 ]
mozilla firefox
WiFi Networks I_vote_lcap33%WiFi Networks I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 4 ]
google chrome
WiFi Networks I_vote_lcap17%WiFi Networks I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 2 ]
Epic Browser
WiFi Networks I_vote_lcap25%WiFi Networks I_vote_rcap
 25% [ 3 ]
Other
 8% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 12
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of ENiAC on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of ENiAC on your social bookmarking website
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

WiFi Networks

Go down 
AuthorMessage
venkatesh

Reputation/vote (வாக்கு) : 0

WiFi Networks Empty
PostSubject: WiFi Networks   WiFi Networks I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 8:16 am

Features of “WiFi” Technology - A new aspect in networking

WiFi has brought a new aspect in the ground of networking. The broadcast of data is completed via radio waves and the cost of cables for network lying down.Wi-Fi enable a user to get access to internet anywhere in the given location. Now you can make a network in Hotels, Libraries, colleges, universities, campus, private institutes, and coffee shops and even on a public place to make your business more profitable and connect with their client any time. WiFi makes waves for business with their highly effective cable less media.

Fortress Technology

WiFi providing secure wireless solutions support the growth and release of a prototype mobile ad hoc wireless network for use in the wireless strategic skirmish.

Support an entire age bracket.

WiFi technology has several advantages it support an entire age bracket and create a connection between components on the same network and have ability to transfer data between the devices and enable different kind of devices such as game, MP3 player, PDA’s and much more!

It's convenient and every where

WiFi is a convenient technology and where the range station exists you are online during travel you can equip with a Wi-Fi network and set up shop anyplace. You will automatically connect with internet if you are near hotspot. These days WiFi exist every where with all its wonders.

More faster and secure

With WiFi you can get high speed of internet because it is very fast than DSL and Cable connection you can establish a Wifi network in small space now you don’t need any professional installation just connect to a power outlet with an Ethernet cord, and start browsing. WiFi security system for Threats makes it more renewable and its tool protect your VPN and secure web page. You can easily configure the device to take better performance. The standard devices, embedded systems and network security make it more powerful.

WiFi with no limitation

You can use a “WiFi” network with no limitation because it can connect you worldwide. You can easily reach to your requirements with WiFi networking applications because the power consumption is very high as compared to other bandwidth. The vision of wireless network is bright with Pre-N products and high qulaity media streaming.

Overview of WiFi modes

Wireless technology has change the way for us to connect to internet, local and remote computers, it has enabled the implementation of imagination beyond the limits. There are two most common modes by which we connect to Wi-Fi for connectivity for accessing internet or other computer for file sharing etc.

nfrastructure mode:

Infrastructure mode is one of the two methods for connecting to wireless networks with Wi-Fi enabled devices such as laptops, Pda’s I-phone etc. These devices are connected to wireless network with the help of Access point (AP). Wireless Access Points are usually routers or switches which are connected to internet by Ethernet port.

Wireless Access points are always required for infrastructure mode of wireless networking. It is necessary to use SSID while configuring AP, this SSID should be known to clients for their computers to connect WLAN. SSID is basically security key which help prevent UN authorized access to WLAN. The Access point is then connected to wire network (Internet) to provide wireless internet connectivity to clients. Multiple access points can be added in the WLAN, this increases the reach of infrastructure for supporting many number of wireless clients.

Setting Up Infrastructure Mode :

Setting up infrastructure mode for wireless connectivity is not that hard, all we are require to follow number of steps which will do the job.
We need to make sure that Internet cable is plugged in Ethernet port, second step is to configure AP (Access point). http://192.168.1.1 is usually the access panel address. Write this URL at your Internet browser, username and password window will appear, default settings are usually, admin username and admin password. We name the connection name which will appear to all wireless devices, then we enable infrastructure mode and also assign SSID in the switch/router for it broadcast

Now we scan wireless adaptor to see if any wireless network is available to connect, when configured network is appear, click and connect and provide SSID information, here you should be able to connect to the network for internet browsing and file sharing.

Ad hoc Mode

There is another mode of connectivity available for Wi-Fi connectivity. This mode is known to be ad hoc mode. By using ad hoc mode, devices are capable for communicating directly with each other. No Access point (routers / switches) is required for communication between devices and all devices in the range connect in peer to peer communication mode.

Setting up Ad hoc Mode

For setting up ad hoc mode, wireless adaptors of all devices are required to be configured manually at ad hoc mode instead of infrastructure mode. It is also important to use same channel name and configuring all wireless adaptors using same SSID for making connection live. Setting up ad hoc network

Limitation of Ad hoc mode

Ad hoc mode is best used for small number of devices which are physically present in close proximity with each other and as the number of devices grows performance of network suffers. Disconnections of random device may occur time to time and managing the network can be difficult task for administrator. There is another limitation associated with ad hoc mode that is, ad hoc mode networks cannot bridge to wire LANs and cannot access internet without installing special gateways.

Advantages of Ad hoc network mode

Ad hoc mode networks works fine in small environment, like building, homes etc. No extra hardware (Access point) is required to use ad hoc mode, therefore it reduces the cost. If devices have wireless network adapters in them already then that will do the job as far as building ad hoc networks is concern. Ad hoc can be useful as back up option for time being if network based on infrastructure mode and access points are malfunctioning.

Advantages of Infrastructure mode (comparison between Ad hoc and infrastructure)

If we are to compare ad hoc with infrastructure mode then infrastructure mode provide much more stability, scalability, ease of management and improved security. Ad hoc on the other hand does not provide security to that level and managing can be difficult incase of network growth. Performance suffers as we increase devices as well.

The only disadvantage associated with infrastructure mode is extra cost to for Access points (routers and switches).Compared to the alternative, ad-hoc wireless networks, infrastructure mode networks offer the advantage of scalability, centralized security management and improved reach. The disadvantage of infrastructure wireless networks is simply the additional cost to purchase AP hardware.
Back to top Go down
http://www.venkatesh786.webs.com

WiFi Networks
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ENiAC :: BLOG-
Jump to: